This website www.englandontap.co.uk (the “Website”) is operated by Gemserv Limited of 8 Fenchurch Place, London, EC3M 4AJ, also referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”. For an explanation of other terms in this policy, please see the Terms and Conditions.
This policy sets out the basis on which we will process information you provide to us for the purposes of requesting information about products and services from participating water suppliers as listed on the Website, and other lawful purposes in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding information we collect and how we will treat it.
Information about Users of the Website (“User Information”)
For users of the Website, we may collect:
- technical information, including your Internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit to and use of the Website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We use User Information in the following ways:
- to provide you with access to and use of the Website;
- for internal operations including data analysis, audit management, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and to keep the Website safe and secure; and
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information provided by Website users and transmitted to participating water suppliers (“Enquiry information”)
We will electronically transmit Enquiry information to the participating water suppliers as selected by Website users, but we will not otherwise share Enquiry information with any third party except:
- where you have agreed to us sharing this information with third parties;
- where we are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to disclose this information, or in order to protect our contractual or other rights, property, or safety or those of others;
- where we, or substantially all of our assets, are merged or acquired by a third party, in which case this information may form part of the transferred or merged assets; or
- where we are using a third party service provider to provide services that involve data processing.
Storage of Information
The Website, and all the information it holds, is kept within the European Economic Area and protected under English data protection law.
Links to Third Party Websites
Changes to Our Policy
This policy may be amended by us at any time. Please check this page periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
Please note that by using the Website and by providing any personal information to us offline (for example, where you write to us) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
If you have any questions, need further information about our privacy practices, or would like to let us know that your details require updating, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org